Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Dog Boards / General / Used Advantage on my dog - boy, he smells awful now
- By Whatdog [gb] Date 16.05.17 08:40 GMT
I usually use Frontline or another brand but my friend picked up a load of Advantage for me from Crufts.
I used it on my 2 boys for the first time on Sunday.  On Monday morning I couldn't work out what the awful smell in the house was.  Now it is clear that its emanating from my youngest.  It's a stale, musty kind of smell, not pleasant at all.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Looks like I'm going to have to chuck the Adavange out and buy my old brand.
- By RozzieRetriever Date 16.05.17 09:02 GMT
Yes it does pong, but soon wears off! I do wonder how much gets into the skin, because an awful lot seems to spread over the fur and from there onto anything the dog comes into contact with!
- By Whatdog [gb] Date 16.05.17 09:16 GMT
Such an awful smell, I don't want to cuddle him! Poor boy. Funny though that the older dog is fine, he still smells of butterscotch!
- By Nikita [gb] Date 17.05.17 15:50 GMT

> Yes it does pong, but soon wears off! I do wonder how much gets into the skin, because an awful lot seems to spread over the fur and from there onto anything the dog comes into contact with!

That's pretty much how it's supposed to work - through/over the fur, then into the environment to kill off fleas in the areas the dog lays in.  It's on the manufacturer's website.
- By RozzieRetriever Date 17.05.17 16:11 GMT
Great, thanks - nice to know there's a reason for it!
Up Topic Dog Boards / General / Used Advantage on my dog - boy, he smells awful now