Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Dog Boards / Health / meloxoid?
- By colliepam [gb] Date 10.05.17 19:14 GMT Upvotes 1
hi,my friend has a 7 year old entire male,he s recently been losing a small amount of blood from his penis,hes fine  in every way,apart from this.the vet has given him synulox antibiotic,but aso "meloxoid"-spelling possibly wrong-does ayone know what this could be,please?thanks.
- By Lexy [gb] Date 10.05.17 20:17 GMT
Found this ......  Meloxidyl 1.5mg/ml oral suspension for dogs is a Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug (NSAID), which is used to help manage arthritis in dogs as well as acting as a pain relief for those who suffer from chronic (long-term) or acute (short-term) musculo-skeletal disorders such as sprained muscles. Meloxidyl is also used in a number of other diseases and illnesses to alleviate inflammation and reduce any pain that your dog is suffering from. It is often used as a post-operative pain relief to help reduce any pain and discomfort.
- By Tectona [gb] Date 10.05.17 22:52 GMT
Probably meloxaid. Same as Metacam.
- By Butler 1 [gb] Date 11.05.17 19:07 GMT
Could be a surge in male hormones ...what with spring and the girls in the air
- By Tectona [gb] Date 11.05.17 19:31 GMT
I would think an enlarged prostate more likely if it's persisting. They can burst blood vessels on the penis, but it doesn't normally last long. Or, of course, a UTI.
- By colliepam [gb] Date 17.05.17 14:30 GMT
thanks everyone,sorry for the delay in replying,just an update,all blood loss has stopped,and he seems fine now,the treatment mustve worked.but i ll tell his owner it might be enlarged prostrate,he s pretty good about whipping him to the vet at the first sign of anything wrong,anyway,just,fingers crossed it doesnt happen again.thanks,again.xxx
- By Tectona [gb] Date 18.05.17 08:45 GMT
Great that it seems to have resolved :smile:

Prostate will almost certainly have crossed the vet's mind/been checked as blood from the penis is commonly associated with those sorts of problems, so I'm sure the vet has a handle on things :smile:

Fingers crossed for your friend that that's the end of it.
- By colliepam [gb] Date 18.05.17 18:29 GMT
thankyou xx
Up Topic Dog Boards / Health / meloxoid?