Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Dog Boards / Showing / Exhibiting & travelling question
- By LucyDogs [gb] Date 20.03.17 08:31 GMT
Can someone remind me of the rules re exhibiting under someone you occasionally travel to shows with, is it ok if you've not taken that particular dog you are thinking of entering the person when you've travelled with them? What time limit is there?
- By Brainless [gb] Date 20.03.17 10:07 GMT Upvotes 1
owned, handled in the ring, or prepared for exhibition, and it's 12 months.
- By MamaBas Date 20.03.17 10:53 GMT Edited 20.03.17 10:59 GMT Upvotes 1
As said BUT to be honest, if it's somebody you regularly travel with/are closely involved with, I'd not put them in a situation where they had to judge my dog.   Whether legally okay or not.  

I thought hard about entering under the breeder of my foundation bitch, years and generations later, much as I did.   Actually having been out of the country for some years after starting with her, and quite a number of generations on, on the two occasions I did, she gave me the Bitch RCC (two different bitches) - probably others frowned at that (and who knows whether had there not been the connection, she might have gone the whole way and given me the CC!!) but when you have breeder judges, some connection is almost bound to happen.  Getting that from that judge was quite an endorsement of where I'd gone with the bitch she bred and let me have.
- By LucyDogs [gb] Date 20.03.17 11:49 GMT
I don't often travel with this person - and the last time she judged my dogs we got 3rd of 3, so she's definitely not doing me any favours! :lol::lol:
- By Goldmali Date 20.03.17 13:43 GMT Upvotes 2
Owned, handled in the ring, prepared for exhibition or boarded.
- By Brainless [gb] Date 20.03.17 20:38 GMT
Forgot about the boarded
Up Topic Dog Boards / Showing / Exhibiting & travelling question