Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / BT call protect
- By St.Domingo Date 10.03.17 19:18 GMT
Anyone on here got BT call protect ?
I've got a question that I can't find the answer to by Googling.
I have an ansaphone on my landline phone, and also the number calling shows up.
If I get call protect, when the unwanted person phones does their call and message go straight to a BT voicemail box ? Would I in any way know that they had called ?
TIA
- By compassion [gb] Date 10.03.17 20:17 GMT
when the unwanted person phones does their call and message go straight to a BT voicemail box ? Would I in any way know that they had called ?

Just do what I would do, tell the unwanted person where to go :grin:
- By St.Domingo Date 10.03.17 20:23 GMT
I would love to but unfortunately that's not an option !!!
- By Alfieshmalfie Date 10.03.17 20:53 GMT
Yes you can, the calls that BT deem as junk or that you select to block are sent to a 'junk voicemail' which you can listen to:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56986/c/345#listen
- By St.Domingo Date 10.03.17 20:58 GMT
So I wouldn't know the person had phoned ?

I would only know if I checked the voicemail box ?
- By Agility tervs [gb] Date 11.03.17 14:39 GMT
If call protect is similar to BT email's spam box I wouldn't trust it. Most emails from my bank, confirmation of entries to agility shows and running orders and confirmation of orders I have made online seem to end up in spam even though I keep marking them not spam. The rubbish ends up in my inbox!
- By St.Domingo Date 11.03.17 14:53 GMT
You need to put the email addresses in your contacts to stop that happening.
- By MamaBas Date 11.03.17 16:42 GMT
I have the call blocking for unwanted calls in place, but that doesn't stop Overseas calls.    These days I tend not to pick up calls from numbers I don't recognise, or 'Withheld' etc., and let it go to my answerphone.   Nine times out of 10, these callers don't bother to leave a message - they just hang up.   Usually because they are automated calls, not a person at all.   You can answer these automated calls, let them run to the end and you'll hear 'if you don't want to be called again, hit the 9 button' which takes you off their lists.

I also don't answer calls from 'unknown' after supper time.   If they want me, they will leave a message and I will get back.
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / BT call protect