Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Say Hello / Looking for SRHP owner / lover to dog sit
- By benoboy [gb] Date 17.12.16 11:09 GMT
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a SRHP owner / dog-lover to take care of my 3 year old male for a few days early April 2017. I don't want to leave him in kennels and it must be with someone who understands the breed. I'm in north london but happy to travel. If anyone has left their SRHP in good hands and can recommend, please let me know :)
Thanks!!:lol:
- By Merlot [gb] Date 17.12.16 15:21 GMT Upvotes 1
I'm obviously not one...or wouldn't need to ask !!! But what's an SRHP ?
- By CaroleC [gb] Date 17.12.16 15:24 GMT
Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer.
- By Jodi [gb] Date 17.12.16 16:22 GMT
Must admit I had to google that one, so you're no alone Merlot. A somewhat unusual breed.
- By suejaw Date 17.12.16 17:50 GMT
A Slovak.. Just wonder if the breeder would take back the dog for the period?
We've got a few around my way and used to walk one, they are a unique breed that's for sure in terms of personality.
- By benoboy [gb] Date 19.12.16 13:46 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion Suejaw. I have contacted the breeder in case she might. She is in North Yorkshire (8 hour round trip!) so was looking for something closer to London in the first instance. Slovaks are very sensitive dogs, that bond strongly, hence the need for someone who understands their nature. They also need a lot of excercise! :)
- By suejaw Date 19.12.16 14:52 GMT
I can recommend someone in Sussex who home boards and they own Vizzies. If you'd like their details I can PM them for you to have contact details to see what you think.
- By furriefriends [gb] Date 19.12.16 15:54 GMT Edited 19.12.16 15:56 GMT
have you contacted the  breed club to see if there is anyone they know who could help or jon the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/slovakianroughhairedpointers/
Up Topic Other Boards / Say Hello / Looking for SRHP owner / lover to dog sit