Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / Valegro tonight
- By Gundog Girl [gb] Date 14.12.16 18:41 GMT Upvotes 1
Four legged Olympic champion signing off tonight in his last competition, Olympia Horse Show
- By Brainless [gb] Date 14.12.16 20:04 GMT
?Time' channel
- By Roxylola [gb] Date 14.12.16 20:12 GMT
BBC red button, for me it is 601, Olympia is on all night valegro is doing his bit about 10 I think
- By CaroleC [gb] Date 15.12.16 00:20 GMT
All Robbie Williams on my TV. Perhaps it's on Sky.
- By CaroleC [gb] Date 15.12.16 00:42 GMT
Just realised, you said 10, not 1.00. Damn, missed it!
- By Brainless [gb] Date 15.12.16 12:57 GMT
Me to as fell asleep,  I'm terrible this time of year for being sleepy all the time.
- By MamaBas Date 15.12.16 14:37 GMT
You know how my mind went when I saw V .... tonight :grin:    But I caught a segment on him on the News first thing, and at lunchtime.  SUCH a gorgeous animal and what a joy to have been able to ride him!    Happy retirement Valegro.

Can anybody tell me if the Flat Jockey v Jump Jockey competition will be shown on TV tomorrow (I think it's on Friday evening?) because I'd love to watch that - obviously because Frankie D. is captain of the Flat jocks.
- By Roxylola [gb] Date 15.12.16 14:37 GMT
Oh no, it is all over Facebook, you should be able to YouTube it as well. He was fab, but then he always was
- By tatty-ead [gb] Date 15.12.16 15:05 GMT Upvotes 1
In the Champions Challenge, two teams go head-to-head in a relay show jumping competition in aid of the Injured Jockeys Fund. Frankie Dettori and National Hunt champion Richard Johnson lead the teams while Olympic track cycling champion Victoria Pendleton also takes part.

Dujardin and Skelton, who became Britain's second-oldest Olympic gold medallist in his seventh Games, plus three-time Rio gold medallist Sophie Christiansen head the Olympic and Paralympic Champions Parade

The evening also includes international displays from the Portuguese Lusitanos and Santi Serra as well as the Shetland Pony Grand National and the Kennel Club Dog Agility competition.

18:30-22:30, BBC Red Button, BBC Sport website, app and connected TV on Friday. as already said 'red button' is 601
- By Merlot [gb] Date 15.12.16 16:20 GMT
He is such a pro, enjoyed every moment of his routine too his ears up and not a foot wrong.  I hope he spends lots of hours in a field full of buttercups with the sun on his back. x
- By Roxylola [gb] Date 15.12.16 17:11 GMT
You rode valegro?
- By JeanSW Date 15.12.16 18:36 GMT Upvotes 1
I don't even know what 'red' button means.  Or 601!:sad:
- By tatty-ead [gb] Date 15.12.16 18:58 GMT
Red button is extra channels that BBC show as part of some other programme, its not on all the time and is usually used for music or sport stuff.
601 is the channel no - as in BBC1 is 1, ITV is 3, Sky news is 132 etc
- By JeanSW Date 15.12.16 19:08 GMT Edited 15.12.16 19:11 GMT
Aaahh  Thank you.  I don't have Sky - or anything else for that matter.  Explains a lot. Edited

OMG! I've just learned something - expecting nothing to happen I just tried 601.  I have dressage on my screen!  Thank you so much.
- By corgilover [gb] Date 15.12.16 20:14 GMT
Found it on BBC catch up under heading of sports
- By tatty-ead [gb] Date 15.12.16 23:36 GMT
Good innit :grin:
Horses are on there tomorrow from 6.30pm. You quite often find on Beeb they say ...you can see this on 'red button' .so now you know what they are blathering on about:grin:
- By Brainless [gb] Date 16.12.16 14:31 GMT
Me neither,  I have the normal channels plus free view.
- By Harley Date 16.12.16 22:04 GMT Upvotes 1
Barbara the red button is available on freeview - I only have freeview. You have to be on a BBC channel and then press the red button on your remote control to get the "red button" programmes. Sometimes there aren't any programmes being shown on there but most times there is something on.
- By debbo198 [gb] Date 17.12.16 10:27 GMT
I'm so grateful for this post, though I somehow managed to miss Valegro both times, but I've really enjoyed it.  I've not watched it for a few years and have found it a real treat.
- By tatty-ead [gb] Date 17.12.16 11:44 GMT Upvotes 1
I'm fairly sure there are highlights on tomorrow along with the main competition, 13:30-16:35, BBC Two,

Monday - Olympia Grand Prix - The evening also includes international displays from the Portuguese Lusitanos and Santi Serra, as well as the Shetland Pony Grand National and the Kennel Club Dog Agility competition.
Live: 18:45-22:25, BBC Red Button,

Wednesday, 21 December - Olympia Grand Prix highlights - 12:00-13:00, BBC Two,

Does anyone remember when - lot of years ago - they had a lot longer coverage and used to show fun stuff like a fancy dress competition - brilliant - and they still had to jump a course :eek:, relay race (over jumps) for teams of 1 adult/ 1 child and one year there was a bareback class - David Broome and Harvey Smith came in with out shirts/jackets :grin:
- By Cava14Una [gb] Date 17.12.16 14:07 GMT Upvotes 1
I well remember the fun classes:grin:  Ted Edgar as a beauty queen also somebody flung a bucket of water over somebody. Those were the days !!
- By MamaBas Date 17.12.16 14:29 GMT Upvotes 1
Yeah!  c/o the 'red button' I managed to see the Flat v Jump Jockeys competition last evening - let's hear it for Frankie and his team who put the Jump boys in their place :razz:  .   Also the small dogs agility (my Frankie was doing HIS NUT to the point I had to sit on him), the Shetland racing and that incredible man with his two Arabs and two BCs.

Oh and how well I remember Harvey Smith - not for nothing did we name our first Basset 'Harvey' :grin:
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / Valegro tonight