Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / TRUMP DECLARES VICTORY
- By compassion [gb] Date 09.11.16 08:01 GMT Upvotes 1
Your thoughts ....?
- By Blay [us] Date 09.11.16 08:09 GMT Upvotes 11
None printable.
- By MamaBas Date 09.11.16 08:34 GMT
My thought are I came on here hoping to GET AWAY from what's all over the TV at the moment.  :eek:

All I can say is the man has talked the talk, and now he has to walk the walk, IF HE CAN.   Obviously the anti-establishment movement is sweeping across the world.   Leaving those in power to try to pick up the pieces.   Good part - at least we don't have to listen to Hillary Clinton's VOICE.

I still think he's a good used car salesman.   :razz:
- By RozzieRetriever Date 09.11.16 08:48 GMT Upvotes 3
Disaster.
- By Carrington Date 09.11.16 08:58 GMT Upvotes 1
Well, :grin::grin::grin:

I've had many a phone call this morning, the very first from my eldest son, laughing hysterically he honestly gave a hyena a run for it's money, followed by "America's f****d! Says it all I guess, G*d Bless America!

On the plus side he appears to like Putin, so perhaps I can put my blueprints for a nuclear bunker away. (For now)

He did get Brexit right for us, said we'd leave due to immigration, Theresa May take note of his bigger wall, might get some ideas

Apart from that, I think I'm going to take the day off now, make a coffee, curl up on the sofa and watch the madness unfold.

Firstly, going to phone my son and see if he's stopped laughing. :twisted::twisted::twisted:
- By Carrington Date 09.11.16 09:01 GMT
As a side note,

South Park fans! (Garrisons in!!!!!) :grin:
- By saxonjus Date 09.11.16 09:53 GMT
Tbh I did feel the us might do their own shocking results.... I'm not sure why only 2 parties stand? I grew bored with only 2 standing. Hate the stand up and attack each other politely tv debates. Also think ex presidents partners/wives shouldn't stand for prime minister or president.  Imagine Cheryl Blair as PM :eek:

I wonder if 1/3 way through his presidency if they will have an internal power struggle and run a new leadership bid throwing Trump out?..

On a plus if dimwit going to build a wall maybe we might get the building contract!
Glad I'm not popping to US this year as it's going to be uncertainty
- By Garbo [gb] Date 09.11.16 10:02 GMT Upvotes 4
The United States has stopped being a beacon to the world and has become a flaming cross on it's own front lawn.
- By Carrington Date 09.11.16 10:15 GMT Upvotes 1
Well, must say, he just gave a very good speech there, seems to have toned down the mad hatter and spoke sense.

I'm beginning to feel a thaw, do you know...........maybe he will do good in the end..............guess we'll have to wait and see...........
- By RozzieRetriever Date 09.11.16 10:31 GMT Upvotes 3
Don't hold your breath....
- By St.Domingo Date 09.11.16 10:42 GMT Upvotes 1
I actually feel sorry for Americans as I wouldn't have voted for either of them.
I wonder if it's gone this way as its a bit of a kick up the ass to politicians, just like our own recent vote.
- By Jodi [gb] Date 09.11.16 10:42 GMT
There were five candidates standing saxonjus, not that you would have known about it from the coverage.
- By saxonjus Date 09.11.16 11:28 GMT
I looked up to see a few different names but we never see or read about them. Why?
- By biffsmum [gb] Date 09.11.16 13:31 GMT Upvotes 3
I'm not surprised by the result... I know that it keeps getting compared to the Brexit result but again it would appear that there are a lot of people in America who didn't think they were being listened to by the previous administration...we will all have to see if Trump can come through with what he is promising.
- By suejaw Date 09.11.16 15:21 GMT Upvotes 3
What I really want to say I can't..
- By Blay [us] Date 09.11.16 17:11 GMT Upvotes 1
Yep, sue jaw - I know the feeling.  Sad and terrifying.
- By furriefriends [gb] Date 09.11.16 19:18 GMT Upvotes 2
I think he may have just had a "little" help with that speech to tone him down . maybe the same help that removed him from twitter
- By JeanSW Date 09.11.16 19:26 GMT Upvotes 2

> None printable

Beat me to it!
- By compassion [gb] Date 10.11.16 10:11 GMT Edited 10.11.16 10:16 GMT
On a lighter note https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DHr2SIUuX0  :wink:
- By MamaBas Date 10.11.16 11:03 GMT Upvotes 4
I wish I could see a lighter note in any of this (and I don't actually live in the States!!) but for the life of me I see nothing funny really about an incoming President being a source of amusement really.  At the end of the day this is a man who will represent what is, like it or not, still the most important nation in the world to the rest of the world.  I just hope the toning down that was apparent once he'd 'won' is how he will now be.   I also hope that those who decided to vote non-establishment in the hope they get a better life, get what they want.  Can't help thinking people get what they deserve .......

Just as with the EU Leave vote (and Scotland .....) this is a wait and see.   One thing's for sure, we are entering a new phase, right across the world.
- By compassion [gb] Date 10.11.16 18:49 GMT
Well, :grin::grin::grin:

I've had many a phone call this morning, the very first from my eldest son, laughing hysterically he honestly gave a hyena a run for it's money, followed by "America's f****d! Says it all I guess, G*d Bless America!

On the plus side he appears to like Putin, so perhaps I can put my blueprints for a nuclear bunker away. (For now)

He did get Brexit right for us, said we'd leave due to immigration, Theresa May take note of his bigger wall, might get some ideas

Apart from that, I think I'm going to take the day off now, make a coffee, curl up on the sofa and watch the madness unfold.

Firstly, going to phone my son and see if he's stopped laughing. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

I seen the funny side when I read Carrington's post above, hence why I posted the link regarding 'Trump & Putin', well I found it funny anyway, each to their own. :smile:
- By compassion [gb] Date 11.11.16 08:49 GMT Upvotes 3
I like Barack Obama from what I have seen on tv, he's how I believe a president should be, sincere etc etc (a president to be proud of in my opinion and a peaceful gentleman). I have no idea why the majority of American voters voted Trump ....? it doesn't make sense to me.

Trumps acceptance speech was reassuring but is this just the calm before the storm ....? (Hurricane Trump) I dread to think.
- By Shoe-dweller [gb] Date 11.11.16 09:56 GMT Upvotes 6
Dark times, my friends. He's been voted in because he appealed to the huge, white, Christian majority with his talk of re-establishing family values. He appeals to big business and industry because he promises them less trade restrictions and tax breaks. He appeals to the underclass and the downtrodden because he provides them with a scapegoat (Muslims, Mexicans, immigrants, take your pick) and promises to reclaim America. Now where have I seen these kind of promises before? Oh yes, Germany, in the late 1930s. It's a terrifying parallel. Immigrants are the new Jews, and Islam the new Communism. All this talk of "getting out country back." Beware of that kind of talk; the world has heard it before and it didn't end very well.
- By Shoe-dweller [gb] Date 11.11.16 09:59 GMT Upvotes 5
Oh, and the idea of Trump being anti-establishment is just laughable. He's a male, white, billionaire: he IS establishment! He didn't get to that point by being a bastion of egalitarianism, or by bucking the system. He IS the system.
- By Garbo [gb] Date 11.11.16 21:18 GMT Upvotes 1
The majority of people did not vote for Trump . Currently Hillary got 60,514,839 votes and Trump got 60,085,445 : so Hillary actually got 429,394 more votes. He won because of the way the electoral college is set up. Each state has votes in the electoral college based on population.The winner is based on how many states they carry rather than how many votes they get.
  I am married to an American this situation is appalling . Many people really are in shock that this could have happened. It literally is frightening and it's only going to get worse.
- By Shoe-dweller [gb] Date 11.11.16 21:36 GMT
Garbo, I know that Hillary won the popular vote, and that the way the American political system is set up makes this irrelevant. However, like you say 60,085,445 people voted for him. I didn't say he got the majority of the vote; I was making the point that the majority of his vote was made up by (largely) white evangelical Christians. And yes, it is terrifying.
- By Carrington Date 12.11.16 11:59 GMT
I think that we should just be grateful that at least here it is not a popularity contest where anyone can stand to lead a country, we have a system with hoops and we don't have to worry about actors or popstars and people with no political background taking charge. But it does go to show once again how many disgruntled people there are and that is politicians faults.

Many people really are in shock that this could have happened. It literally is frightening and it's only going to get worse.

Don't see the point in people getting angry and having riots, it is, what it is, when he took part there was every possibility that he could win, it wasn't stopped then, their system allowed him to run, (bonkers I know) he won, The End!

He's not going to have a picnic, from now on he and his family are at risk from every gun toting American, he's got a life of body guards, bullet proof vets and fear, perhaps he'll abdicate, who knows?

I can only hope, that with advisers he'll do OK, (maybe even good) everyone just needs to settle down now and work with him, he is going to be The President he was elected, riots and fear won't stop that. Most world leaders have already shaken his hand now, because they have to, including ours and they will all hope for the best, it is the right thing to do now and everyone needs to calm down.
- By MamaBas Date 12.11.16 14:19 GMT

> Each state has votes in the electoral college based on population.The winner is based on how many states they carry rather than how many votes they get.

Now that's about as clear as mud to me!!   I have never been able to understand the Electoral College votes and how that works, but it seems to me that the moment somebody gets ahead in the pubic vote, the EC votes go against them ..... ?    Mind you for me, NEITHER candidate seemed 'better' than the other.  How did it come down to that?    But is it any different in the UK in terms of what happens to people who outside Parliament seem sane, but as soon as the cross the door into Westminster, seem to lose track of all sense. (common - sense?).

Right now I'm just keeping my head down and hoping for the best.   I've already got close to falling out with a neighbour I like, over the EU vote as it is. :cry:

"bullet proof vets and fear".   I've met a few of them since leaving our excellent and irreplaceable vet back East!!! :razz:
- By fanbrits [by] Date 27.03.17 09:52 GMT Edited 28.03.17 12:29 GMT
I remember I had to write a paper a couple months ago, and my subject was politics of Trump and Clinton. I had to make a diffenenciative analysis. And I gotta say they got the least of two evils. Who knows what these proRussia attitude will bring
Up Topic Other Boards / Foo / TRUMP DECLARES VICTORY