Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Notifications
- By dogs a babe Date 11.02.15 16:17 GMT
In the old days notifications would sit there, at the top of the Active Topics page, until I deleted them. Since the recent revamp they disappear as soon as I leave the page which means I lose track of who has replied to me

Is it something to do with my settings or is it the same for all of you too?
- By Goldmali Date 11.02.15 17:29 GMT
For me they stay until deleted just as before. I've not changed my settings in any way though.
- By sqwoofle [gb] Date 11.02.15 17:44 GMT
Mine sit an wait until deleted - but not at the top of active topics - at the top of the board index instead!
- By suejaw Date 11.02.15 20:19 GMT
Mine self delete once I've looked at the response and I've not changed my settings
- By dogs a babe Date 12.02.15 16:13 GMT
Thanks for the replies :)

Ditto the self delete but they don't go one by one - they delete in multiples.  V odd!
- By JeanSW Date 12.02.15 22:54 GMT
I hate it that mine disappear once I've opened.  Often, if I've had a private message, I like to have a think before replying.  And I don't delete until I've gone back and replied.  Or at least that was what I used to do.  I hate that the control has been taken from me, and someone decides that my notifications are not required.

I have not altered any settings at all, but if someone can tell me how to alter things I would be grateful.
- By dogs a babe Date 13.02.15 09:57 GMT

> Often, if I've had a private message, I like to have a think before replying. And I don't delete until I've gone back and replied.

Ditto Jean.  I'd quite like it back the way it was too.  I sometimes see the notifications on one device but would rather wait til I'm on something with a better keyboard to reply.  Once the notifications have deleted I don't know who replied to me - particularly if it's a long thread and there may have been multiple posts since mine.

Perhaps the easy answer is to receive notification of replies by email too but I'm loath to add to the sheer number of mails I get every day
- By Dill [gb] Date 13.02.15 13:25 GMT

> Often, if I've had a private message, I like to have a think before replying. And I don't delete until I've gone back and replied

Yup same here too.   Often it takes a while to  formulate a reply to posts too.

Can't understand why this is happening on both tablet and computer?
- By dogs a babe Date 27.02.15 11:29 GMT Upvotes 1
Whilst there have been some annoying changes recently - Private Messaging facility being withdrawn for instance - at least this issue with notifications has been resolved.  It would seem that mine are now staying 'on screen' until I delete them, just like they used to

Thanks Admin - now if you could just give PM's back...
- By Alysce [gb] Date 27.02.15 11:32 GMT Upvotes 1
My notifications are disappearing after I've read them without me deleting them?!
- By JeanSW Date 28.02.15 01:35 GMT

> at least this issue with notifications has been resolved.  It would seem that mine are now staying 'on screen' until I delete them, just like they used to<br />

Preferential treatment!  :grin: 

Mine just disappeared as soon as I read them.  :cry:
- By suejaw Date 28.02.15 07:52 GMT
Mine too
- By Brainless [gb] Date 28.02.15 09:21 GMT
I prefer it that way mind you as I don't need to remember if I have read them and forgotten to delete
- By dogs a babe Date 28.02.15 09:51 GMT
Oh bugger - false alarm!!  I think it might have been a glitch on my iPad as they are now disappearing again... :sad:

This place is going to the dogs
- By St.Domingo Date 28.02.15 11:06 GMT
Mine disappeared too - I thought it was something I had done wrong !!
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Notifications