Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Dog Boards / Rainbow Bridge / Talli 28/03/04 - 08/12/14
- By zarah Date 09.12.14 16:59 GMT
Can't believe it's now my turn to post in this section. My gorgeous miracle boy ran out of luck yesterday evening and passed away suddenly. He had a seizure a few weeks back that we really hoped was just a random one off, but the vet did say that the most likely cause in an older dog would be a brain tumour. He seemed to bounce back and was mostly his normal self. He went into the beginnings of another seizure early yesterday evening, but then within less than a minute was suddenly gone just like that :(

Gutted that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye to him properly. I'd only been in from work for a few minutes. He'd spent the day with my mum as usual, bouncing around with his toys, enjoying his treats and lots of fuss, but I feel so guilty that I didn't spend his last day with him. I feel even more guilty because my job involves caring for other peoples dogs. My mum had gone out 15 minutes prior to me getting in, but he was fine when I got home. Squeaking, wagging his stump, dropping the ever present tennis ball at my feet, but then not more than 3 or 4 minutes later he was completely gone. Never imagined that that morning would be the last time I would get to spend any time with him.

I hope you are well again now my beautiful boy. Love you so much x

Attachment: Baby_Talli_24-05-04jpg.jpg (461k)
- By Daisy [gb] Date 09.12.14 17:43 GMT
So sorry :( Don't feel guilty tho' - he must have been happy with your Mum and in his normal routine.

Sleep well, Talli !
- By LJS Date 09.12.14 17:53 GMT
So sorry to head about this . I had the same thing happen with my sweet girl Puds and didn't get chance to say goodbye to hef or comfort her so I can understand how you feel xx
- By Cava14Una [gb] Date 09.12.14 18:58 GMT
Could be he was waiting for you?{{{{Hugs}}}}
- By Cani1 [gb] Date 09.12.14 19:14 GMT
I'm so sorry, Run free gorgeous boy xxxx
- By JeanSW Date 09.12.14 22:28 GMT
I'm so sorry for your loss. At least, on this site you know that we all know your pain. 

Run free gorgeous Talli.
- By Dill [gb] Date 09.12.14 22:40 GMT
So sorry for your loss.   It's never easy, no matter how well prepared we think we are :(

I know it won't seem like it now, but one day you'll look back and be comforted that it was so sudden.   He was so happy at that moment because you were with him, and that's all he knew. 

Thinking of you xxx
- By Pedlee Date 10.12.14 07:25 GMT
Oh zarah, I'm so, so sorry. He was such a wonderful boy and I know how much you loved him, he had the best life with you.

RIP Talli. x
- By lunamoona [gb] Date 10.12.14 16:26 GMT
So sorry, it's such a shock when they go quickly, you were there for him when it counted ((hugs))
Mel x
- By tinar Date 10.12.14 17:44 GMT
So sorry to hear of your loss honey.......... but he got to spend his last moments in the arms of the person he loved most and who loved him most - you. That was all the goodbye that he needed. He was a lucky boy to leave this world in your arms and I'm guessing luckier still to have you care and love him his whole life.

Nothing anyone will say will make it feel better. We all tear apart the last moments, minutes, hours, days, weeks with our pets after they pass and I doubt a single one of us doesn't find some way we are either to blame or to feel guilty about. But please remember that all that any dog or person can wish or hope for in life is to be surrounded with those that love them both when they arrive in this world and when they leave it.

My thoughts are with you. x
- By zarah Date 08.12.15 16:49 GMT
A year ago today. My heart is still broken and the tears still come. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you x
Up Topic Dog Boards / Rainbow Bridge / Talli 28/03/04 - 08/12/14