Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Admin Post
- By Celtic Lad [gb] Date 07.02.14 14:52 GMT
Just noticed the post from Admin regarding the Ignore Button.The problem is people on this forum do not always behave like adults.I have just received two vile Private Messages one of a racist nature and nothing was done to address the issue
- By Brainless [gb] Date 07.02.14 16:15 GMT
not nice, but I suppose with PM's being private all you can do is delete.
- By roscoebabe [gb] Date 07.02.14 16:47 GMT
How awful for you. I would name and shame if the pm's were really bad. If whoever sent them has not got the courage to post out in the open for all to see then I would make sure everyone knew about them lol.
- By Harley Date 07.02.14 16:59 GMT
Have Admin definitely seen your complaint? It may be that they haven't read it yet - and I do think that if the complaint is reported then action should be taken :-(
- By Celtic Lad [gb] Date 07.02.14 17:27 GMT
Reported to Admin and they did respond telling me to use the 'Ignore' option.I ain't no prude but the terms used were dreadful.
- By dogs a babe Date 07.02.14 17:38 GMT
If these are PM's made by members then surely they should be censured at least, and suspended from the forum if necessary
- By Harley Date 07.02.14 17:55 GMT
I would copy and paste the offending messages - or do a screen shot - and forward them to Admin. People have been banned from this site for making personal and derogatory remarks on the forums so I can't see that the PM system should be subject to different rules.

What a horrible thing to have happened :-(
- By Celli [gb] Date 07.02.14 18:16 GMT
Outrageous, anyone sending abusive PM's should be banned imo.
- By Jeangenie [gb] Date 07.02.14 18:28 GMT
Copy them and forward them to Admin. Using the telephone service (which the internet does) for libel and slander is an offence, so Admin will take a very serious view of it.
- By Celtic Lad [gb] Date 07.02.14 19:13 GMT
I have to say I am disappointed by Admins response.Further to this they posted on the forum today but the posts have been withdrawn ???
- By Dill [gb] Date 07.02.14 19:30 GMT Edited 07.02.14 19:33 GMT
How does one forward anything to admin?  

I tried forwarding an email but it was bounced back

Edited to say - Since the private mails are against terms of service and the use of the internet, they should be treated seriously by admin.  No-one should be receiving vile private messages through this forum, whoever did this should be held accountable.
- By Hethspaw [gb] Date 07.02.14 19:33 GMT
I would name and shame if the pm's were really bad

I agree with that
- By chaumsong Date 08.02.14 02:17 GMT

> I have just received two vile Private Messages one of a racist nature

I would think you could report this to the Police, it's not only unpleasant it IS an offence.
- By Celtic Lad [gb] Date 08.02.14 13:30 GMT
I actually told the sender I intended to do just that.The person then challenged me to do so and further abused me.Anyway I will try to speak to Admin again about this.
- By dogs a babe Date 08.02.14 17:15 GMT
Were these PM's sent as a response to a post on a thread?  Perhaps you could copy and publish them there - and maybe Admin would then take action against the sender...
- By Daisy [gb] Date 08.02.14 17:16 GMT

> Perhaps you could copy and publish them there

Much as I think it is a good idea, is there a legal problem with posting a private message ??
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Admin Post