Not logged inChampdogs Information Exchange
Forum Breeders Help Search Board Index Active Topics Login
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Are topic/thread titles changing?
- By dogs a babe Date 11.03.10 13:00 GMT
Over the last week or two I've noticed lots of titles have been changed - some have been amended but others completely rewritten

In most cases it's made it much clearer, particularly when viewing the list as 'Active Topics' rather than by Board, but one or two don't seem to have captured the OP's question.

Are these changes being made by Admin or have posters been asked to change their titles?
- By Romside [gb] Date 11.03.10 13:57 GMT
yep ive noticed this as well.i put on a thread title only for it to be changed.not that it botheres me but id like to know too please :-)
- By kayc [gb] Date 11.03.10 14:11 GMT
It makes the question clearer and will get more response... Tamara put up a post saying 'typical tut tut' earlier.. but what is the question?.. you have to open the thread to find out.. and if its not important enough to make the question quite clear, then its not important enough for people to look at it or answer.. ;-)

Idle chat or foo is the usual place for 'vague' headings.. those who read idle chat will open them.. but the majority of the board is for specific information.. and it encourages  those who may be able to help, to have a specific question.. and not have to read through the whole OP just to find they cannot help or answer..

It is simple courtesy ;-)
- By Romside [gb] Date 11.03.10 14:19 GMT
good answer ;-)
- By Admin (Administrator) Date 11.03.10 14:39 GMT Edited 11.03.10 14:54 GMT
Descriptive Forum Titles

Over recent months we have started to get alot of unclear subject titles for the posts being added.

We are having to alter many pointless forum titles to something more meaningful.

For example:

"I have another problem" : http://www.champdogsforum.co.uk/board/topic/120583.html

This has been changed it to "Will puppies be OK without milk at 4 weeks ?"

"I need some extra advice" : http://www.champdogsforum.co.uk/board/topic/120605.html

This has been changed to "Should I breed my bitch on consecutive seasons ?"

Search engines trawl websites looking for information and it is important that the subject titles indicate in the first instance what the actual thread is about. As you can see in the examples above (before they have been altered) they gave no such indications and had no search value.

You all use search engines and when you do so, you ask specific questions. EG: "How to stop my dog chasing cats?". If you ask google the question above, you will receive many results and hopefully, be directed to champdogs if you are really lucky :)

However, if you type "Oh No, what do I do now!" into a search engine, you will get millions of answers but will spend many hours trawling through thousands of links looking for one that has anything to do with how to stop your dog chasing cats.

If you can all give a clear indication as to what the post is about in the actual title, we would really appreciate it and it will save us a lot of time amending them :)
- By dogs a babe Date 11.03.10 14:54 GMT

> We are having to alter many pointless forum titles to something more meaningful.

Thanks for making the changes - I don't usually bother to read the vague titles so maybe I've previously missed some otherwise interesting posts!

Although  ... in the last few days I was reading some topics twice before I noticed what was different.  I thought people were just repeating themselves! :)
- By Admin (Administrator) Date 11.03.10 14:57 GMT

>"I don't usually bother to read the vague titles so maybe I've previously missed some otherwise interesting posts!"

Exactly dogs a babe. And if the persons question was important, it could very well go unanswered because we didn't bother to look thinking it was something trivial.
- By MarkR Date 28.07.10 13:20 GMT
I think this topic is worth resurecting.
- By MarkR Date 02.02.15 12:07 GMT Upvotes 1
And once again for the benefit of our newer members :grin:
Up Topic Other Boards / Feedback / Are topic/thread titles changing?